Doctor RP "Auditions"

Moderator: TempeNekoChan

Doctor RP "Auditions"

Postby dontdissthesonic » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:49 am

I propose my version of the Eleventh Doctor.

Completely unpredictable, the Eleventh Doctor crosses boyish charm with actions and thoughts of a crazy professor (Yeah, like that one from college. You know you had one of those.).

Sample RP:

Amy crossed her arms, frowning at the Doctor. "A SMALL complication?"

He waved his hand dismissively at her. "Don't worry. All I have to do is relink the cables to the camfield generator and we're back in business." He paused, staring off into space. "That is, if the problem isn't with the internal circuitry." He ran his hand through his hair and whirled around. He staggered a bit as he regained his balance. "Now, I'll need your help." He popped open a panel underneath the console, then crouched down to take a look inside. "I'll need you to wiggle a few of the levers when I tell you too. See the one with the black handle?"

Amy placed her hand on a small knob.

He looked up to check that she had found the right one. "No, not that one. The other one."

"What other one?"

"The one with the lights. Controls the speed of the TARDIS."

"Oh." Amy muttered and placed her hand on the correct lever.

"Right." He ducked his head and wiggled inside the console. He drew his sonic screwdriver out of his pocket and aimed it at a clump of wires. It clicked on with a soft whirring sound. "Alright, push it up a bit."

Amy forced the lever up, and the TARDIS shook violently.

"Easy!" The Doctor yelped.
Random avatar
dontdissthesonic
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Doctor RP "Auditions"

Postby Spamitch » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:35 am

*claps* Encore!

General question time:

Maybe I shouldn't put this here, since it's general, but how are the RP's going to go? As we can see here in the audition, there sometimes is a need for short replies from the companions (or anyone else). So what would be the minimum for an RP post? Can you just write down one line as an answer to one's question, or do you have to elongate the post with whatever just so you'd type at least 5 lines?

[/end of general question]

@dontdissthesonic: Yes I remember a couple of crazy professors. I also remember one being addicted to coffee. Lots of coffee. It was one of those turn-your-back-and-he's-gone type of guys. Probably a ninja. Anyhow, I like your performance. =)
Just a little fire.
Spamitch
Fighter Pilot
Fighter Pilot

Postby dontdissthesonic » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:32 pm

Spamitch wrote:
Maybe I shouldn't put this here, since it's general, but how are the RP's going to go? As we can see here in the audition, there sometimes is a need for short replies from the companions (or anyone else). So what would be the minimum for an RP post? Can you just write down one line as an answer to one's question, or do you have to elongate the post with whatever just so you'd type at least 5 lines?

[/end of general question]

The only reason I have Amy's dialog in here is because there isn't anyone playing a companion right now. In a real post, I would have only him speaking and acting. As for the responses, in the games I've played, you don't generally just write one line to answer a question. There are always actions and thoughts that go along with that one line of dialog, so you can usually get a bit more out of it than the spoken answer.
Random avatar
dontdissthesonic
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Spamitch » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:53 pm

I know, I know, though it sometimes bugs me, especially when boards nearly demand you to write at least 200 words while you're in this situation where your character only has to answer 'yes' or 'no' and is so incredibly zombielike the only thoughts he or she is having are made out of syrup.
Just a little fire.
Spamitch
Fighter Pilot
Fighter Pilot

Postby Zephyr » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:33 pm

*whispers* That's why quality always trumps quantity. But don't mind me-I have a soapbox. ;D
I don't care. I'm still free.
You can't take the sky from me.
Zephyr
Captain
Captain

Return to Character Proposals