Random Role Playing Game

Buck Rogers 26th Century and Phoenix Virtual Television

Random Role Playing Game

Postby systemcat » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:02 am

Ok I know every one knocked down this idea quite some time ago but I still think it might be a neat idea to try and have an RPG here.

People get the keep their writing skills sharp and have fun doing it. At the very minimal people should post a paragraph in each turn. Cheers to being random, here are the characters to chose from now.

A Knight

An Alien

A Robot

A Pixie

A Mystic Unknown Creature

You decide who these characters are and their back history. More characters can be invented and you pick who you want to play. If you want to change which character your playing you must ask the other forum member if it's ok to do so and they pick a new character to play.

Playing Cards.
With each turn ended the poster puts up a card that tells the next poster how to write in their next turn.

Cheerful :Ac
Happy :Jd
Sad :7c
Upset :6d
Angry :Ks
Insane :3h
Funny :2c
Fearful :10c
Brave :2d
Wild card :Qc

--------------------------------
Erin :cat:
--------------------------------

:Qc
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Random Role Playing Game

Postby ohboy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:02 pm

I guess I'll take the knight.

Sir Yuri Glock: Dark Knight of the nation of Lidel. General of the Lidelian Army, he follows his emperor's imperialistic actions of global war, although he secretly disagrees with him. Great with a sword, Glock has had uncounted victories against his enemies. He is often at the emperor's side, as they have been friends since birth. However, he has noticed a change in him of late.

While he cannot cast magic, he knows some sword skills, and is feared, yet respected, the world over, and many claim that Lidel would not be able to begin it's imperial conquest without him.

(This is just for fun)

Level: 40
Job Class: Dark Knight
Equipment: Dark Sword (Blinds opponents)
Mirror Armor (Reflects projectiles)
Mirror Helmet (Reflects lightening damage)
Mirror Shield (Protects against most magic)
Dark Ring (Doubles strength)
HP: 5000
MP: 200

Most of the stats were just for fun, but I think that's how its done. Scary, huh? Of course, somebody needs to be the good guy, now.

Oh, and how do I put a card up?
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:29 pm

Due to rules I can't post the next story piece ( your card is now ;-) ) but I can clarify the cards thing. Remember when I said this forum has over 2000 smilies? It's a little while down the line but there are card smilies. Through IE on my computer, some times the screen can go berserk after that many have loaded. So to give people a good ref, here's all the codes with what they mean.

Cheerful :Ac
Happy :Jd
Sad :7c
Upset :6d
Angry :Ks
Insane :3h
Funny :2c
Fearful :10c
Brave :2d
Wild card :Qc

The Warrior Pixie awaits word from her long time companion, Sir Yuri Glock as to what will take place next in game.

Level: 35
Job Class: Magic Hunter
Equipment: Dragger ( drains some magic )
Bow & arrow
Glow dust
Calling horn ( makes a pixie's lungs sound powerful )
HP: 4500
MP: 150

-------------
Erin
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:16 pm

Heh heh. Sorry. I figured that since I did the last back-story, I'll leave it to you.

Oh, and just for reference ( I think that I made this clear above), but Glock is working for the "bad" nation.

:Jd
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:41 pm

Maypole, the Warrior Pixie danced around in the air near Sir Yuri Glock, holding her bow & arrow at ready. Sir Yuri Glock's army had done their job and well but she was on the look out & eager to do her job. At any moment a solider might rise to take out revenge with what little strength left in them after the battle & with injuries to boot.

She'd strike them back down, the arrows were tiny, true but they could still hurt like the dickens with the speed she could use in sending them out. Like a thousand bees striking in a heart beat. A moment to prove her self but ...

"Sir Yuri Glock. you should be happy right now, we've won!" Then pausing "What the matter, you didn't enjoy the battle?"

:6d
--------------
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:31 am

Glock looked around, before answering, making sure that no soldiers were in earshot. When the coast was clear, Glock turned to Maypole.

"I've sworn allegiance to the Emperor for many years. He used to be a just man. However, I begin to wonder why I had to do this mission. A whole village... destroyed... I'd follow him to the ends of the Earth, but why did we have to destroy Krage? The other nations will surely hear of this incident, and the entire continent will soon be tense, waiting for war. Why would he do this? Why does he want war?"

As he said this, two soldiers ran towards Glock, their swords raised. In one move, Glock parried the attack, knocking the sword out of his hand, and in another swift motion, thrust the sword in his chest. The second soldier aimed at Maypole, stabbing at her.

:10c

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:40 am

Maypole was lucky in that instant, she was small and not and easy target. Glock how ever, sadly the case was different. He'd die soon if nothing could be done for him. She could help but it would take time. The sword that had struck him had magic in fused into it's being. It's was the magic that pierced his mirror armor. She could drain it's effect from his wound with her dragger. This would have to be done though with the gentlest of care, it was after all a weapon she'd have to press against him. It would make his wound less life threatening. Fear was every thing to her right now.

His own soldiers were that quick to turn on him. He was right to have fear but this was never some thing she thought would ever happen. She wasn't on their side now, she was on the side of her companion who knew better the minds of their colleagues than she did.

She didn't want more interference so with a deep breath she used the calling horn and soldiers clapping their hands against their ears, went running away. She began her work with the dragger, pressing it against one side of the wound.

:2d
-------------

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:33 pm

As Maypole pressed the dagger from him, four more soldiers, all in Lidelian uniform, had swords out and ready to attack. In that instant, Glock stood up. The dagger out of his chest, and his fatal wound gone, all that remained was a sharp pang in his chest. Nothing he couldn't handle. After all, the look in his eyes was one that countless enemies have seen and feared. Glock was angry, but it was a controlled anger, the most dangerous type.

Three soldiers ran up to him. Despite Maypole's warning, he picked up his sword. Two guards both stabbed at him simultaneously. Glock defended the attacks by holding them both back with his sword, and then pushed forward, knocking them both on their backs. He took that time to thrust his sword in one's chest, killing him. The other soldier began to get up, but a hard kick to the head with Glock's iron boot eliminated him as a threat, killing him.

"Look out!" Glock heard his companion yell. It all appeared to happen in one swift motion. Glock took out a dagger, turned around, and sent it plunging in the man's arm right before he could swing. The soldier dropped his sword, and as he held the wound, Glock punched him in the face, knocking him out. The last soldier turned to run. However, Glock was in no mood to let him run. He took the dagger that he used before, and threw it at the running traitor, hitting him right in the ankle, causing him to fall.

However, after the threat was eliminated, Glock fell to his knees, exhausted. His wound was greater than he thought.

:Ks

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:17 pm

I'm not sure what a pixie could do to help a situation like this. Any one want to join in to help Glock :D ?

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:13 pm

OH!!! I just thought of a needed character somewhere down the road, in case being evil is your cup of tea.

Lidelian Emperor

Come on? No one wants to pretend to be a power-hungry dictator? What's this world coming too... [depri]

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:41 am

ohboy wrote:OH!!! I just thought of a needed character somewhere down the road, in case being evil is your cup of tea.

Lidelian Emperor

Come on? No one wants to pretend to be a power-hungry dictator? What's this world coming too... [depri]

That sounds like a role my brother would love playing if he ever posted :roll: . Nuts, can't access the other forum to ask people if they'd like to play :( .

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:59 pm

I read the original post where this idea was brought up, and everyone said that they didn't have the time. Just for reference, these stories take maybe 5-10 minutes (depending on typing speed) per post. Just thought that I would throw it out there.

Have a nice day! :)

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:02 pm

And then the animator had a heart attack.

Ok, if your a Monty Python fan that makes sense :roll:. But seriously, with a restart lets get this RPG going again :wink:.

I'm sure I'll think of what might make a good start later today but if some one feels they have an idea, start ahead of me :).

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby systemcat » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:05 pm

And then a flying saucer descended from the sky to hover over the battlefield. Maypole flew up to it's underside to observe the strange object closer when a circle of light from it appeared above her.

:Qc

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:15 am

I'll post something tomorrow, but I have to read through and get back in the proper mindframe. After all, I've written a great deal of stories since we've left this, and I have a lot of other characters flowing through my mind. But tomorrow, I'll have a fairly long chapter.

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Next

Return to Archived Sections & Topics