Video Game Game

Buck Rogers 26th Century and Phoenix Virtual Television

Re: Video Game Game

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:32 pm

This next one might be tough, so I'll make it a 5 point question.

This game was for both the Commodore 64 and Atari 2600, although the memory limitation of the Atari reduced this 4-level game to only 3 on the 2600 system.

This game is a horizontal scroller, starts off on dry land for the first half of the first level, moves to water for the second half and remains water-bound for the remaining three levels.

Each level is named after a movie, and the protagonist is always the same in each one. In fact, the movies are still being produced today even after this Parker Brothers-produced game is only a memory.

What's the name of the game?
:D
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby BatZilla98 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:02 pm

James Bond 007
Random avatar
BatZilla98
Fighter Pilot
Fighter Pilot

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Bullseye, Batzilla! :D

(I guess it wasn't that tough a question after all...)
:oops:

The score is now:
systemcat=13
ohboy=13
Herculean Platypus!=9
Batzilla98=9
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby BatZilla98 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:35 pm

Whoa I really didn't think I got that right.

Ok. 3 Points.

"The game is set in a futuristic version of Metro City, the setting of Final Fight, and features several loose ties with the characters and settings from that game."
Random avatar
BatZilla98
Fighter Pilot
Fighter Pilot

Postby ohboy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:33 pm

I have no idea. After thinking of the characters, could it be something in the Street Fighter series?

If not, then perhaps another clue could be posted?
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby BatZilla98 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:24 pm

No Street Fighter.

"The game features a reimagined version of a character who was originally a fictional spokesman used by Capcom to address the player in the packaging and manuals of their early console games"
Random avatar
BatZilla98
Fighter Pilot
Fighter Pilot

Postby ohboy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:32 pm

When you said famous Capcom spokesperson, I couldn't brush Mega Man from my mind. However, the correct answer is Captain Commando.
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby BatZilla98 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:34 am

Correct!
Random avatar
BatZilla98
Fighter Pilot
Fighter Pilot

Postby ohboy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:13 am

ohboy=16
systemcat=13
Herculean Platypus!=9
Batzilla98=9

Alright, then I guess it's my turn.

=================================================================
6 Points (NES)/(Gameboy Advance [Remake])

The hero sealed himself away for a long time after an apocalypse hit the world. He awoke many years after that. He then goes on a quest to find the four swords and reach his laboratory, however along the way he has to fight the forces of the Draconian Empire. Also, what's odd about this game, is that while it takes place in the future, after the destruction of most of the Earth, the people regressed back into the Middle Ages.

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby ohboy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:43 am

Would anyone like another clue?

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:10 pm

Sure.
Your question, it made me think of a Sega Genesis game I've never played but have heard of. But I know my first thought can't be right since it's an NES / GBA game.

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:24 pm

This game was released in July 1990. And actually, a variation of the Draconiain Empire was the Draygoina Empire. The hero gets four swords that contain four elements: fire, water, wind, and lightening, though he does not receive them in that order.

Pretty much, you could go on the internet and look for NES games that were made in July 1990. That should limit searches.

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby ohboy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:25 pm

Does everyone give up? If so, I'll post clues to a new video game.

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby ohboy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:46 pm

I'm going to take the silence as a yes, and move on to the next question.
================================================================
GUESS THAT ROBOT!!!

(SNES) 5 Points

This robot master is odd, mostly because one wouldn't expect him to be dangerous. After bouncing around with him for a while, Mega Man finally slashes this slinky wanna-be out of commission.

If anyone would like one more clue, on Wikipedia, if you type each Mega Man game in the search engine, you can find a list of robot masters for each game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_Masters

This is a master list of the robots. Note that I will only use robots from Mega Man 1-8, so that is as far as you need go. Ignore the bottom ones from other games. Also, at least for now, I won't be using the characters from Mega Man 9.

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:34 am

Sorry that I haven't taken a shot at this game recently. I've just been really busy. You guys know me, I have a collection of video games & systems that ...well I have no idea on the number but it's high. There is no lack of interest here :lol: .

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Sections & Topics