My Blade Runner Laserdisc story.

This is where you can talk about video no longer being made. Example: CED, LaserDisc, Beta Max, 8mm, so on.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:02 pm

systemcat wrote:Thanks for pointing out those changed scenes, HP :). Did you know yesterday the collectors' DVD set made the cover of USA Today? 'K it wasn't the largest thing on the page but man I see that as a kicker it happened :alien: .

Can't remember the last time I walked past a newstand, actuaslly... :oops:

Another point of interest, possibly- a 3-CD package of the soundtrack is available, except it appears to be a mixed bag- disc 1 is the same CD that was released in 1994, disc 2 has a bit more music than was released, and disc 3 is totally new music Vangelis composed that does not appear in the movie at all.

Here's a sample list you can listen to:
Click Here

I already own the 1994 release, and also a CD of the "Offworld" bootleg that is totally comprehensive- the only thing that sours it is that there is audible tape hiss that mars the quality of the recordings.

I'm debating whether to bother with it. So far the answer is no. (That bootleg is quite nice, despite its flaw...) :cool:
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:23 pm

One other footnote to add to all this: I received a HD-DVD version of Blade Runner last Christmas, which was useless to me as I have no HD-DVD player. I never got the receipt, so returning it was impossible.

After the announcement that HD-DVD was dead, I was especially flummoxed as to what to do with this 5-disc set! Fortunately, an old friend of mine called about a week ago and as we talked, he said he regretted buying a HD-DVD player just one week before they lost the format war.

I sent him the movie, and now it has a good home. :biggrin:
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Previous

Return to Old video formats