All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: EFC Restoration
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm guessing this forum is in reference to Earth Final Conflict - Restoration? I went into PVT once I noticed you'd added this area of the forum, Mike and that was the only EFC series .. starch that, at the bottom of the screen it says Virtual Lazarus ;), there are two EFC series.

I'd like to check out your work on this but as you know I'm not familiar with EFC. The Encyclopedia on the site, can that be used to get the back story for which the series is based?

Erin :cat:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Not quite...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

EFC Restoration was my first attempt at an alternate vision for the series. However the larger staff for that project caused it to be filled with many characters and themes I didn't agree with. So, I'm going back to the drawing board and restarting it completely in my vision. The new project will be entitled Earth: Final Conflict - Preservation.

FINALLY got the site up at:

http://www.pvtonline.tv/efc

There's no new material there yet, but a whole ton of background stuff for you to read over. Included are the complete season one scripts, the first season press kit, some extremely rare images and quite a bit of other material that hasn't been available for a while. If anyone's curious, stop by and check it out!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry about my mistake earlier as to which EFC series it was. But I just took a look around the site for the new series and I must say you've done a fine job of making an informative, full bodied virtual series website :thumbleft: . I'd say the only thing you have yet to gain is a staff. An Editor and Proof Checker or some one who can do both. And extra writers to help you unless you want to do this solo. Which thinking about what you've said about the last EFC series, you working on the series writing as a solo writer might be a very good idea.

Have you told people on FF.net about the new series yet?

Erin :cat:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:47 am 
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Just checked it out. It looks really good.

graylady

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the compliments. I'm fairly happy with how it turned out.

I definitely need a proof checker/editor. My old EFC-R writing partner was excellent at catching both the spelling mistakes and problems with story structure. Hopefully I can convince her to take the job.

As for the writing, I'll probably end up doing it myself. I'm leaning more towards a cross between a series of connected fanfics and a virtual series. More like a bunch of virtual movies or mini-series. Three or four per year/season running about the length of a double episode. Cuz as you know, writing an entire series by yourself is MASSIVELY time consuming and I just don't have that kind of free time. This form should allow me to tell the overall story I want to tell without burnout.

Plus, I still have a ton of other virtual projects outlined I want to write (Angel, John Doe, Andromeda, Crusade, Odyssey 5, a Quantum Leap spinoff, a couple Star Trek series and three original ideas). Not to mention finishing up Supplemental Sliders and an Earth Final Conflict sequel series that tries to make sense out of the virtually non-existent continuity of the five 'real' seasons. If I don't try some different format, I'll be retired by the time I make a dent in my to do list.

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 5 posts ]