VCD

This is where you can talk about video no longer being made. Example: CED, LaserDisc, Beta Max, 8mm, so on.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

VCD

Postby systemcat » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:16 am

The other day I finally got to see VCD movies for sale. Note it was in a Goodwill store but still. All of these I'm guessing had Chinese writing all over them and a few had their titles written in English as well. Does any one know if movies like these have English sub-titles?

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:09 pm

That's a tough call- Chinese VCD's may or may not have subtitles; it's always a gamble. If there doesn't seem to be any English anywhere on the packaging, it's a good bet there won't be any other languages.

The back covers may say if there's English subtitles- you'll have to look near the bottom.

Any titles you recall? I might try to remember if I ran across them in the past. Or, I can tell you if the movie was worth catching, if nothing else. :)
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby systemcat » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:58 am

There were four movies but only three had English titles written on them. These are the ones ...

Casablanca
Ind. Jones 1, 3

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:23 am

Well, I don't have to tell you if those three are any good! If you really want the Indy movies, I would just pay for the DVDs- they're of exceptionally good quality! (Since #4's coming out next year, they may just put out another boxed set anyway, so perhaps it will do to hold off a little longer!) :)
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby systemcat » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:52 am

When the price goes down on it I'll be getting Casablanca. Ashamed to say with how classic that movie is I've never seen it before. As for the Ind. Jones movies I brought the trilogy on DVD a couple years ago :cool: .

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Old video formats