Things going better

Talk about what ever you want. Just keep it clean, kids might be in this forum.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Things going better

Postby ladyfreebird » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:14 pm

Some of you might know of the problems I've been having the past few weeks. Well, things are going a bit better now. My sister came to my rescue today. She's going to loan me the money to pay off my van. I've been really stressed out the past few days on possibly losing my van. I only have one more problem left with the van and that's getting the wiper motor replaced.
I'm feeling much better now, at least when it comes to that.

graylady :articuno:
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby ladyfreebird » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:40 pm

Well, things have gone a lot better. I got my van paid off and then I got some really good news. There was nothing wrong with my wiper motor. The wipers were just stuck. Steve the mechanic showed me what to do if they stick again. But I do have to call him on Monday and set up an appointment to have them fixed, plus to fix the hatch lock on the back of my van. I'm almost stress free now. Just have to find the money to get it registered and plates. :?

I hope everyone had a good week?

graylady :articuno:
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby ohboy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:14 pm

You could say so, although there have been stresses from a few classes. Two in particular.

Geman is becoming very stressful, very fast. Mostly because before the classes started, I "bought" a workbook needed for the class, but it turned out that he photocopied it onto a disk, instead of the physical copy. I just got the audio CDs, but part of them need a lab manual, one that we are supposed to have in class, but I can't because IT'S A CD!!! Plus it left out parts of it, so I may need to pay more just to buy the original workbook. Plus, we have a final project where we have to do a dialog in pairs... I don't want to say anything bad about the people in my class, so I'm going to stop at that. Overall, that is a very stressful situation, but I've been too much time, money, and energy into it to really drop it, although the thought has certainly crossed my mind many a time. :(

The instructions for English assignments are very vague. I'm supposed to help lead a class discussion along with some other people in the class, but I don't even really know what I'm doing, and rather or not I'm doing it right.

Lab was fun... Today, me and my partner were the last ones done with our experiment. As a matter of fact, the teacher even left, and we had to go to his office to turn in the assignment regarding the experiment because we were about fifteen minutes slower than the last pair to leave. :oops: I'm hoping that I did it right, as well, because I'll be honest, I was a little embarrassed at this point. I hope this never happens again.

Enough said. That's my week so far...
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Re: Things going better

Postby ramoth » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:34 pm

It's been a middlin' rough week for me. Because of all my trips this summer I've been somewhat neglectful of the things I need to do to maintain what health I have left plus no time for the lab tests and doctor visits, so this week were lab tests and doctor visits, both of which I hate and wish I didn't have to do. At least the tests came out better than I expected and the doctor is not changing my meds any, yet. So at the moment I'm feeling much better than I was earlier in the week! Now that the trips are over I can get back on track with the exercise and diet things I need to do every day. I wouldn't mind except in the outward physical appearance there are no signs of how hard I work. If i could at least lose a little weight or inches........sigh, but at least I'm in better health at my age than either one of my parents, so there is some payback for all my hard work.

I sympathize with the school assignments, I always hated projects where I had to coordinate with others. Our schedules never seemed to mesh or the other person would go limp, leaving me all the work! :)
Jimma
ramoth

Return to General Chat