The Doctor.

Moderator: TempeNekoChan

The Doctor.

Postby Anidex » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:20 am

Hello~! Doing a bit of a write up here, in hopes that my Doctor is liked well enough for all of you. <3

Though I seem to be a bit of an oddball. I see all the different Doctors as the same man, and although his face changes and his clothes change, I still manage to see the same man. That's how I'd play him too, in hopes that no matter who your favorite Doctor is, you'll see him as 'your Doctor'.
The maintenance man of the Universe, the one thing the monsters under your bed are afraid of, the trickster who runs away.
I hope this sort of thing is acceptable, annnd here goes~!

The Doctor steadied himself on the controls of his TARDIS, not touching any of the many buttons and nobs that flashed and beeped at him in a soft rhythm.
He closed his eyes, trying to force the memories of what just happened out of his mind. Telling himself over and over again that nothing could have been done, even though he would still blame himself for many adventures to come. His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the TARDIS door slowly creaking open, and the soft footsteps of his female companion walking over to him, slowly. He instantly looked up at her worried face, she tilted her head to the side, trying to read him.
"Doctor? Are you alright?"
The question he was always asked, and he gave the answer he always did. He tried to hide his tired expression by flashing a big goofy grin, then quickly looked away from her, busying himself with the many controls before him.
"Course I am! Why wouldn't I be? World is saved, thanks to me. And the bad guys have run back to the darkness, tails between their legs." He tried not to think how he should have two companions standing with him, not one.
"But what about.....? I mean, the two of you were traveling together for a while, even before you let me come with you....Are you really -"
"Yes!" His companion jumped, and even he was surprised at how harsh he sounded. But he rolled with it, giving her a cold look before getting back to work.
There was a beat of silence before he looked up at her, very serious. "This is everyday. Every hour, every minute, every second. If you don't like it, you can leave. I'll take you back home to Earth, and you can go about your life and completely forget about me. I can't save everyone, so if you're tagging along thinking that I can pull you out of every and any mess you...BUMBLE yourself into..." There was a bit of venom in his voice when he said that. "...Think again. I'm not a baby-sitter. I'm dangerous. " The Doctor and his companion stared at each other for a moment. She took a couple of deep breaths and averted her eyes from him, hesitation clearly...but hesitant to go, or hesitant to stay? He started to set the coordinates for her time period, if she decided to leave, might as well make it a quick goodbye. He was in no mood for an lengthy, touching goodbye. Though it could be he just didn't want anymore goodbyes at all today.
"I'm staying."
He paused, and slowly looked up at her determined face. It always lifted his spirits and broke his hearts whenever he heard those words. That beautiful human spirit, determined, young, stubborn...and foolish. He tried to look neutral and cover the fact that he was re-setting the coordinates for a different world, now that he knew he was not booting her out his front door. "So? Where we going Doctor?" She raised her chin, watching him work, waiting for an answer.
He looked up from the controls, and grinned - he knew just the place. His hearts still ached for his lost companion, but this problem was like all others that were just too much for him to handle. The solution was old, but has never failed him, run. Running away from the pain, running away from how he felt. A new adventure, new memories to hide behind. With a flip of a switch, the Tardis whirred away to another time, another place.
"There we are! Off we go then!" He looked at her, smiling, but frowned when he saw her trying to hold back tears. He knew why, and he mentally kicked himself in the pants for being rude earlier. He tried to form words in his mind, but nothing sounded right to him. So, in silence, he waited for either her to speak, or for the Tardis to land, whichever happened first.

_____
So, yeah! I hope that was acceptable and enjoyable, and if you need something more silly, or clever from me just say the word and I'll put it up.
<3 Cheers!
Anidex
Colonel
Colonel

Re: The Doctor.

Postby Spamitch » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Very emotional actually.
Just a little fire.
Spamitch
Fighter Pilot
Fighter Pilot

Re: The Doctor.