Video Game Game

Buck Rogers 26th Century and Phoenix Virtual Television

Postby ohboy » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:37 am

Nope the correct answer was Toad Man. At this point, the next person who wants to post up a clue can. Oh, and remember, every wrong answer is 2 points. :( Every robot (with a few exceptions) ends with the word "Man".

systemcat=13
ohboy=13
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby ohboy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:36 pm

Alright, then, I'll post up another clue. I'll even make it an Atari 2600 game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6 Points (Atari 2600)

Some people say that this land sunk into the sea. Others say that this land became too technological and destroyed itself. This game offers a new explanation. Aliens came in and destroyed the land.

I'm looking for the name of this video game, which is also the name of this land.
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby ohboy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:48 pm

Anybody want another clue.

I've decided to abolish the 2 point deduction rule for now, seeing as how we have so few players and point totals. I'll sneak it in again when I feel I'm far behind and need to give deceptive clues to others games. :lol:

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Re:

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:44 pm

ohboy wrote:Alright, then, I'll post up another clue. I'll even make it an Atari 2600 game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6 Points (Atari 2600)

Some people say that this land sunk into the sea. Others say that this land became too technological and destroyed itself. This game offers a new explanation. Aliens came in and destroyed the land.

I'm looking for the name of this video game, which is also the name of this land.

Was it "Atlantis" by Imagic?
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby ohboy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:46 pm

DING DING DING!!! Very good, HP. Your turn.

systemcat=13
ohboy=13
Herculean Platypus!=6

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:52 am

All right, let me see if I can do this correctly. I'll make this a 4 point question. This game started out as a Commodore 64 creation, spawned a sequel and also an updated version (in the 1990's) that became an immensely popular first-person perspective shoot-em-up game.

The title is a location, the game takes place in the 1940's and important elements include grenades, medals, bulletproof vests and liebfraumilch.
[bigsmile]
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Video Game Game

Postby systemcat » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:27 pm

I'm going to take a shot at "Doom"?

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:37 pm

systemcat wrote:I'm going to take a shot at "Doom"?

You're on the right track- I'm looking for the name of the Commodore 64 game, and I believe Doom was a descendant of this game. :)
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby BatZilla98 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:17 pm

Wolfenstien?
Random avatar
BatZilla98
Fighter Pilot
Fighter Pilot

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:03 pm

BatZilla98 wrote:Wolfenstien?

Close enough for me! :D (I was looking for "Castle Wolfenstein", but I started to wonder if the question was harder than I expected.)

4 points for Batzilla98 (and it's your turn now!)
:)
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby BatZilla98 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:39 pm

Ok for 3 points.

"A brave patrolmouse of the MicroPolice. Through a series of museum mazes, you must use trampolines and microwave doors to stay one step ahead of Goro and his troublesome hench-kitties."
Random avatar
BatZilla98
Fighter Pilot
Fighter Pilot

Postby ohboy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:50 pm

Yeah! More contributors! Anyways, just interjecting. Don't know this yet, but I'm going to post scores.

systemcat=13
ohboy=13
Herculean Platypus!=6
Batzilla98=4

By the way, Batzilla, do you know the system of the game?

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:12 am

Are we talking about the game "Mappy"?
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby BatZilla98 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 pm

Correct!
Random avatar
BatZilla98
Fighter Pilot
Fighter Pilot

Postby ohboy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:50 pm

If I don't do this after every win, I'm very liable to make mistakes here.

systemcat=13
ohboy=13
Herculean Platypus!=9
Batzilla98=4

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Sections & Topics