Battlestar Galactica (Remake)

Talk about other science fiction and fantasy.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Battlestar Galactica (Remake)

Postby Trekscaper » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:43 pm

So, who knows and watches the new remake of Battlestar Galactica?

Currently waiting for season 3.5 to start on januari 21th. Can't wait, especially with the buz all around a character will die.

My opinion of Battlestar Galactica the remake is to be described as:

Frakking awsome show!!! :D
http://www.trekscaper.tk
Scifi and Fantasy musicvideos
Trekscaper
Fighter Pilot
Fighter Pilot

Postby systemcat » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:41 pm

It's a good show even own season one to it. It's one of the things that inspired me to come up with the 26th Century series. When the new Dr. Who came on air that's what made me take the idea off the back burner and finally start writing it. Sadly haven't been able to catch it recently but to what I've heard it's gone down hill some. With the fact that Earth is going to be found soon what do you think is going to happen to the series, Trekscaper? .. any one?

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Trekscaper » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am

systemcat wrote:It's a good show even own season one to it. It's one of the things that inspired me to come up with the 26th Century series. When the new Dr. Who came on air that's what made me take the idea off the back burner and finally start writing it. Sadly haven't been able to catch it recently but to what I've heard it's gone down hill some. With the fact that Earth is going to be found soon what do you think is going to happen to the series, Trekscaper? .. any one?

I do not think that BSG is going downhill. It is still very good show. Have no problems with it. The only thing people complain is what they have done with some characters: starbuck, apollo, helo and baltar.

And Earth will not be found this season by the galactica, but only 1 will find Earth, possible a cylon.

The ratings are going downhill unfortunate, holding steady on a rating where Farscape was cancelled for. I think BSG will get a 4th season. But after that???
Trekscaper
Fighter Pilot
Fighter Pilot

Postby QL Damsel » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:30 pm

My husband watches the show. I don't though. I guess that I can't get over that Starbuck changed genders and etc. I watched the original. It just doesn't "feel" the same.
~*~*~ MJ ~*~*~
QL Damsel
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ladyfreebird » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:50 pm

I feel the same way QL. I use to watch it everytime it came on, but when they changed Starbuck to a female. Well, I lost interest in it.

graylady :articuno:
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby systemcat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:29 am

I do not think that BSG is going downhill. It is still very good show. Have no problems with it. The only thing people complain is what they have done with some characters: starbuck, apollo, helo and baltar.

It's only some thing I read in a couple forums, that's not what I think of the show. Even though I haven't been able to catch all the episodes lately I have yet to see a bad one. Starbuck changing from male to female didn't bother me when I first watched the remake. The only thing I think when though my mind with noting that was, "this is different." I like both versions of the show which is some thing to what I've noticed most fans of BSG aren't. So I guess I'm some what of an oddball fan of it.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Trekscaper » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:29 am

I have no problems with the gender change from starbuck. You have to see the remake apart from the original. They are not the same. It easily could be a show with another name. I also watched the original show, but I prefer the remake above the original. The remake is more realistic and dark. That's what I like about the new show.
Trekscaper
Fighter Pilot
Fighter Pilot

Postby ladyfreebird » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:38 am

Don't get me wrong.. I was just use to seeing Starbuck as a male.

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby QL Damsel » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:00 pm

I was too!
~*~*~ MJ ~*~*~
QL Damsel
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hawkfan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:07 pm

I used to watch Battlestar Galactica when I was a kid. I found the Cylons quite frightening (but then I was only 8 years old or so). I've never watched the new version, but I can imagine having a female Starbuck would take some getting used to.

Talking about Starbuck: two weeks ago I was in the UK and I happened to catch a glimpse of Celebrity Big Brother. It had Dirk Benedict in it! But I only found out about that later -- I didn't recognize him when I saw him!! I guess the reason for not recognizing him was not that he has changed much --except for being older, obviously-- but rather that I didn't expect him in this setting. (Actually I didn't realize it was *Celebrity* Big Brother at the time, so I wasn't expecting any celebrities.)

Mariet
Hawkfan
Colonial Judge
Colonial Judge

Return to Other Science Fiction and Fantasy