80th Anniversary for Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

Talk about older versions of Buck Rogers.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

80th Anniversary for Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

Postby systemcat » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:38 pm

1928 - 2008

Tomorrow ..well in August it will truly be the 80th Anniversary of the first Buck Rogers story.

When it hits next August, I want to put up some thing on the site to acknowledge the fact. To do this I'd love to have input from you guys on what you'd like to see put up. You guys already know there's an issue with posting the novels so any other thoughts would be appreciated :).

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:56 am

Tomorrow ..well in August it will truly be the 80th Anniversary of the first Buck Rogers story.

I'd totally forgotten it was the 80th Anniversary. Even though I've got the '1928 info' on the site. D'oh. [schock] [upside]

Happy New Year folks.
Rebecca

"Learn from the past and look to the future. In my day people never quite got the hang of it. I hope you have better luck" - Capt. Rogers (Dorian Secret)

gilgerard{dot}com
Rebecca
Trainee
Trainee

Postby systemcat » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:06 am

Rebecca wrote:

I'd totally forgotten it was the 80th Anniversary. Even though I've got the '1928 info' on the site. D'oh. [schock] [upside]

Happy New Year folks.

Welcome back Rebecca :)

That fact just clicked on and off in my head last year that it's coming up this year. Fortunately the fact clicked on middle of the day yesterday and I knew this topic had to be made :cool: .

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 80th Anniversary for Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

Postby systemcat » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:08 pm

August is almost here and no feed back as of yet but what I have cooked up so far I hope people like when it premieres on Aug. 1st.

This 80th anniversary site is going to be loaded with content mainly thanks to donations provided by people who saw my plea for help in a couple Yahoo groups. Outside of that content there's also going to be a couple video links and one of the radio episodes. More content might get added to the site between now and the deadline if more donations are provided.

Also just to be more of a geek here, this is post 2600. ( 26th Century )
..Hope people don't mind but I couldn't help but take note to that fact now ;).

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby systemcat » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:17 pm

An interesting tid-bit I would have posted about last night. The page embedded is going to have a full movie people will be able to watch.

Don't worry this is coming from a completely legal source that's well known 8) .

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby systemcat » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:31 pm

Originally in the site I had the opening theme to season one of the second TV series. ...Wasn't too wild about having such a small clip on the page. So now thanks to another site that allows video to be embedded into other sites. The page will now has an episode each from both seasons ( second TV series ) :).

'K there are commercials but they're nothing like in the NBC episodes. These commercials come when they were originally planned in the shows except for in the very beginning. The commercials even have markers showing where they are on the play bar on the bottom of the video screen.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Buck Rogers in the 25th Century