Movies

Talk about what ever you want. Just keep it clean, kids might be in this forum.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Postby ladyfreebird » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:31 pm

Bexter wrote:
systemcat wrote:This topic is starting to go a bit a stray :confused5: .

Erin :cat:

Well in that case Erin, i'll inform everyone that 'underdog' is now at the video shop so I'll grab it and watch it with my kids... and think of graylady while i watch it. [bigsmile]

I think you and the kids will enjoy it Bexter. Another one came out this week. When you have the time and when it comes out there. Check out "The Bee Movie" it's pretty cute, as well. It's a cartoon movie. My daughter and I enjoyed it.

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby Bexter » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:47 pm

grayladyfalcon wrote:

I think you and the kids will enjoy it Bexter. Another one came out this week. When you have the time and when it comes out there. Check out "The Bee Movie" it's pretty cute, as well. It's a cartoon movie. My daughter and I enjoyed it.

graylady

Yes i'm sure they will but i must admit, i am rather looking forward to seeing some movies that don't have any animation in them whatsover... i'm a bit over the whole animation thing
Lord Percy: "Sorry I'm late"
Lord Blackadder: "Oh Don't bother apologising, I'm sorry your alive"
Random avatar
Bexter
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ladyfreebird » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:29 pm

Bexter wrote:
grayladyfalcon wrote:

graylady

Yes i'm sure they will but i must admit, i am rather looking forward to seeing some movies that don't have any animation in them whatsover... i'm a bit over the whole animation thing

You might like the movie.. "No Reservations" it's pretty good also. No cartoon movie. :-)

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:58 pm

I caught two flicks recently-

Hitman-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465494/

This is based off a videogame, so the premise is fairly simple and straightforward- the world's best assassin finds himself as one of the hunted and must turn the tables on his pursuers.

It's a popcorn movie, but I felt it really worked because the acting is strong in it- the leads really believe in the material, and that helps tremendously. Feel free to leave your brain elsewhere when watching this one- logic occasionally gets tossed aside for the story's sake, but (without spoiling anything) I can see why certain aspects were depicted the way they were in the film.

The second movie I saw is far more heavy material:

Hard Candy-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424136/

This is a captivating movie- I sat down to watch it, told myself I would sit through the first half and do chores before I caught the second half. I ended up sitting through the whole thing- I could not tear myself away from it!

Basically, this is a story about a 14 year old girl who meets a man online who is more than twice her age. I don't dare give anything away, but this is another one of those movies that gives you something to talk about after it is finished- there's a lot that goes on, and a lot of it deals with the definition of a sexual predator.

I won't say anything else- but this is a gripping must-see!
[schock]
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Bexter » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:50 am

Herculean Platypus! wrote:I caught two flicks recently-

Hitman-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465494/

This is based off a videogame, so the premise is fairly simple and straightforward- the world's best assassin finds himself as one of the hunted and must turn the tables on his pursuers.

It's a popcorn movie, but I felt it really worked because the acting is strong in it- the leads really believe in the material, and that helps tremendously. Feel free to leave your brain elsewhere when watching this one- logic occasionally gets tossed aside for the story's sake, but (without spoiling anything) I can see why certain aspects were depicted the way they were in the film.

The second movie I saw is far more heavy material:

Hard Candy-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424136/

This is a captivating movie- I sat down to watch it, told myself I would sit through the first half and do chores before I caught the second half. I ended up sitting through the whole thing- I could not tear myself away from it!

Basically, this is a story about a 14 year old girl who meets a man online who is more than twice her age. I don't dare give anything away, but this is another one of those movies that gives you something to talk about after it is finished- there's a lot that goes on, and a lot of it deals with the definition of a sexual predator.

I won't say anything else- but this is a gripping must-see!
[schock]

Both of these movies sound really good, i must admit I do like 'popcorn' movies as sometimes you just need to switch off and watch something that gives you and enjoyable 1.5 hour diversion.

But... the second movie sounds awesome, I'll look out for that one and the local movie place.

I haven't seen much lately, the lost movie I saw was "Knocked up" quite a bit of bad language which I didn't like but I did have a good laugh at it, I must admit, the beers I was drinking at the time sort of helped.
Lord Percy: "Sorry I'm late"
Lord Blackadder: "Oh Don't bother apologising, I'm sorry your alive"
Random avatar
Bexter
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ladyfreebird » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:27 pm

My daughter and I went to the movies tonight. I was asked to report on this one movie. The movie was "Wall-E"

I thought it was a cute movie. It took place in the future. I guess it might have been about 700 years in to the future. The Earth was abandoned, some people were on a deep space cruiser. Their ancestors gone, generations and generations later.

Wall-E was a cute little robot, left on Earth to do clean up along with a cockroach. <I know...yuck>

Wall-E meets Eve, a scout from the cruise ship in search of any life of any kind. Wall-E earlier found a small green plant.

I'll post more later, if you want to know more.

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Re: Movies

Postby systemcat » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:33 am

I'd like to know more so long as the ending isn't given away :P .

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ladyfreebird » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:02 am

This thing is getting me a little irate. I was logged in, when I tried to post my up-date on the movie, it told me I had to log in. :x

I'll send it later on. I need to get some coffee.

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Re: Movies

Postby ladyfreebird » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:17 am

Okay, I rented another movie a few days ago. "Journey to the Center of the Earth" with Brendan Fraser. When I saw the advertisment about it I thought, "Humm, seems like a good movie. My favorite, it has a T-Rex in it." Yeah, right...I'd give it maybe 2 stars.

This is a movie I wouldn't buy.

Talk to all of you later. Have to get ready for work again. :-(

graylady :articuno:
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Previous

Return to General Chat