DW3 Fan Fiction

Chapter 36

Postby ohboy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:27 pm

A fresh page, and a new chapter after so long. I hope you enjoy it! :)

Barron rubbed his temples, trying in vain to relieve the stress he felt. He had been at sea for two days now, and it didn't console him in the least that there was still about a week left. He hated being on the sea. Besides living on the island in which Eginbear sat for his entire life, he had only been on a boat once in his whole life. He got terribly seasick, and hence he confined himself to decks below, refusing to go above deck.

"Sir, fresh air does a body good," Titus said gently.

"So does shutting up!" Barron snapped, causing the general to flinch. To Barron, the general was nothing more than a dissenting holdover from his father's time. The men respected him, though, so he was useful to him. He knew that Titus didn't try to start a munity only because there were enough soldiers loyal to the crown that doing so would fatally divide the troops. He would have to arrange for that man's death when he revived the Archfiend, though. After all, there would be no need for a general when they would have the power of Baramos on their side.

"I'm sorry, sir," Titus said.

"Then get on with the reason that you came in to bother me!" Barron said, waving in the direction of a chair, which Titus promptly sat down in.

"Yes, my lord. Our sailors are telling us that with the wind cycles as they are, we should reach our destination three days ahead of schedule."

That was the first good news that the king at heard all day. It was a sign of how just their conquest was that they were getting favorable winds. Barron just knew it. The entire fleet of ships could now be where they needed to in only four days. That was almost cause to celebrate, if it wasn't for the fact that he still had to remain on the ship for four days.

"Thank you, General. Anything other news?" he asked.

"Not at the moment, my lord."

"Good. Dismissed," he said.

"Yes sir," Titus said, standng up and saluting. He then quickly left the office, and shut the door behind him.

He decided to review his plan again. When he would land, the troops would begin to march south, towards the town of Assaram. When they arrived, they would try to find transportation to get across the desert, as well as stock up on other supplies that they would need to get across the desert. He suspected that this time, in two weeks, he would have the orbs that was housed in Isis, and be moving on to his next destination.

Barron laughed. He could tolerate this, knowing that the ultimate prize truly did wait beyond the ocean.
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Re: DW3 Fan Fiction

Postby systemcat » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:06 pm

Nice 8), wish it was longer though but for the time I get on a computer each day it works :wink:.

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Fan Fiction Writers United