DW3 Fan Fiction

Re: DW3 Fan Fiction

Postby ohboy » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:22 pm

systemcat wrote:It didn't feel rushed :). Yuh know because of what this is based on I'm going to admit to some mental images your work keeps bringing to mind. Not only do I think of what your describing :) but also the screen images of when I'm playing DW3 on my Gameboy Color when your bringing up the other lands :lol:

Ah. I'm just curious. Have you started Dragon Warrior 3 again, and if so, how far are you?
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:57 pm

ohboy wrote:
systemcat wrote:It didn't feel rushed :). Yuh know because of what this is based on I'm going to admit to some mental images your work keeps bringing to mind. Not only do I think of what your describing :) but also the screen images of when I'm playing DW3 on my Gameboy Color when your bringing up the other lands :lol:

Ah. I'm just curious. Have you started Dragon Warrior 3 again, and if so, how far are you?

Yah, I'm at the beginning since I started playing it again the other day. Still have that cheat page you gave me the link to but haven't had the need to use it yet.

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chapter 33

Postby ohboy » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:02 am

Egron and Cyrus, after a short yet brisk walk, were now standing outside the happy home that Cyrus and Jane had lived in for more than thirty years. The odd thing about the house was that while it was within the hulking walls surrounding the city and the castle, it was perhaps the farthest away from the castle as possible. Egron could see the little house, and he smiled, knowing that Sally was being taken care of. Egron was planning on seeing her before he left, but he didn't think that he could stand to see her face if she begged him to stay. After all, her father was dead, and she was in a stranger new land. She would most likely want to the one last strand of familiarity to remain by her side. But Egron knew that he had to go.

"Now, are you going to keep my in the dark? Come out with it, how can I quickly get to Dharma?" Egron asked.

Cyrus smiled. "You know that there are some among us that have mastered the arcane arts, do you not?"

Egron knew that there were some among the mortal men that could learn magic, but he didn't know any personally. The ability to cast magic was a rare gift, and there were only two ways to obtain it. One was through birth, and the other was through the magic of Dharma. However, those who became Mages at Dharma could never be as strong as those who were born with the gift.

Egron simply replied, "I'm aware of that."

"There is a spell that is titled RETURN. At least, that's the translation from the old Druidic language from the era of which these spells were created. Simply put, the spell will return the caster and his party to a place that he has been to before, if he has a good enough recollection of the general area surrounding the location," Cyrus explained.

Egron nodded. "So you're telling me that you will cast it, and then just warp us from Dharma to Jipang when we are finished in Dharma?"

"Not exactly.

More to come...
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:39 pm

Good start :). Made me wish our little RPG had made it ...it still could. Have you seen the max users online total recently? Some thing got 31 people in here recently. Hopefully some will become members. The return spell ..hee hee reminds me of a code I invented for a game under Game Genie :P :) .

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:40 pm

Forgive me for going off topic, but I'm surprised, and happy for you. I don't know what did it, but I'm glad that your sight may be getting a better deal of attention.

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Chapter 34

Postby ohboy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:06 pm

"What do you mean, not exactly?" Egron asked, staring at Cyrus, with more edge in his voice than he meant.

"What I mean," Cyrus replied patiently, "is that after teleporting you to Dharma, me and Jane are going to Romaly to inform their country of this impending doom. That could take at least a few days, since my wife and I will have to present our news to the court, and then wait for the king and his council to make a decision of action, and then tell us so that we can bring the news back to Romaly. After that, I'm afraid that you're going to have to find your own mode of transportation back to Aliahan."

Egron sighed. "Fine. I suppose I'll have plenty of time to think in Dharam. I'm sure that a country like Jipang has merchant ships that travel to Aliahan."

"You'll make it back, I'm sure of it. Now, in order for the spell to work, I'm going to ask that you close your eyes."

Egron did as he was instructed. He expected to start feel a swirling feeling, or a sinking feeling, or some logical effect of the arcane arts. What he heard, instead, was a girl's scream.

"Wait. Ernie, wait!"

Egron opened his eyes, and looked at the source of the noise. Sally Meyers had run out of the cottage, wearing a brown dress that was different than the one that she left Eginbear with. "What in the heavens is the matter?"

"I overheard Jane and him," Sally explained, pointing at Cyrus. "They said that you were going far away to Dharma. Please, take me with you."

Egron didn't quite know what to say, hearing such foolishness. "Take you with me. Sally, this is dangerous. Besides, you're still wounded from the attack. I refuse to allow you to join me."

At this, Jane walked out of the house, flustered. "Is there something wrong with her? She ran out of the house as though it was one fire."

Cyrus smiled. "The girl wants to go to with our foreign friend, here, and he won't let her."

Egron glared at Cyrus. "Are you suggesting that she should be allowed to go to Dharam?"

Cyrus nodded. "The girl's wounds are all but healed. My wife, if you didn't know, dabbles in the curative magical arts. That girl couldn't have gotten better health care if she was taken to the king's personal medic."

"But, what if we run into some kind of dangerous situation," Egron bristled. "I can protect myself, but I'm not sure that I could be accountable for her as well."

Jane looked at Sally. "May I ask why you want to go with the Duke?"

Sally looked straight into Jane's kind eyes. "I have no one left. You two are going to travel away, and I'll be all alone, with just strangers to care for me. Ernie is the only thing I have left of my home. Barron would kill me if I returned to Eginbear, just like he probably did to my father. If I lose Ernie, I'll have nothing left..."

Sally's eyes were beginning to tear up, which softened Egron's expression by just a bit. Jane and Cyrus were both looking at Egron, waiting for him to make a decision.

"Why has everyone turned their attention on me?" Egron asked.

"Because," Cyrus started, "there is no reason why the girl can't go with you. It may be best that she goes with you, because you're not going to do anything stupid."

Egron wrinkled his nose. "Stupid?"

"Yes, stupid. If you did happen to meet the troops from Eginbear, you would flee, rather than try to play the hero. Plus, this would be a good learning experience for the girl. She ought to see as much of the world as she can before she marries and is obligated to her husband and children."

Egron looked around the entire group, knowing that he had lost this battle. "Fine, she can come with me. But you have to obey everything I tell you to do, understand?"

"Yes, sir!" Sally said, failing to hide the excitment in her voice.

"Then let's go. Cyrus, repeat the spell."

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:52 pm

It's nice to see Sally back :). Looking forward to the next chapter 8).

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:09 am

I would like to apologize for not inserting another story event here in a long time. I guess that I haven't really had the interest to write the next chapter, and hence I have left this section barren for a while. But hopefully I can do the next chapter within the next few days. However, I just wanted to acknowledge leaving the fact that there has been no new story contributions in a while.

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Chapter 35

Postby ohboy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Egron opened his eyes, and he knew immediately that he was no longer in the field with Cyrus or Jane. However, judging by the much smaller hand grabbing his own, he could tell that Sally made it here with him. He looked at her, hoping that the spell didn't have any adverse effects on her. He was uncomfortable with the art of magic, believing that one should rely on swordsmanship to fight battles rather than arcane magics. However, he also heard tales of magic having unpleasant side-effects, and people getting sick after their first time teleporting.

"Are we in Dhama?" Sally asked, looking around.

"Yes, we are," Egron asked, checking the pocket on the inside of his coat to make sure that he still had the letters. He did.

Egron looked straight ahead, and was amazed with what he saw. Before him lay a huge temple, larger than Eginbear Castle, before him. Besides the temple there were fields of crops, and Egron looked around to see that there was a huge wall surrounding both the temple and farms, with two steel doors that were opened to allow visitors to enter and leave. He couldn't help but look at Sally, and notice her astounded look. Although she had never been out of the castle before, and she would have never seen anything so grand, it amazed Egron, the previous general of Eginbear, just the same.

They began to walk toward the doors of the temple, which were open and unguarded. "My father once told me that one could learn magic here," Sally said.

"You're father was right. The High Priest of Dhama can alter one's natural physical and mental abilities, and allow you to become a fighter, a mage, a merchant, or whatever else you would like to be."

While Sally said nothing, the look in her eyes were a look that said simply: "Wow!" The two of them towards the door, but after a few more paces he noticed that Sally had stopped.

"Come on, now. I'm not going to get separated with you and have to spend unnecessary time looking for you," Egron warned.

"Ernie, do you think that I could become a mage?"

Ernie stopped, taken aback by the question. "What do you mean?"

"Do you think that the High Priest could turn me into a mage?"

Egron looked her square in the eyes. "Sally, is this why you wanted to come with me? To become a mage?"

Sally hedged the question, instead continuing with her train of thought. "Ever since we've fled that castle, I've been told that you, and the soldiers of Aliahan, and the king himself are all trying so hard to stop Barron from taking over the world. Yet, I just have to sit and do nothing."

"But Sally, its not your job to fight Barron. That needs to be left up to the adults and the military to handle this."

Sally sighed. "Still, though. You risked your life to save me back at the castle. And besides, Barron..."

Despite the silence, Egron knew what the next words out of her mouth was going to be. Barron killed her father, and she wanted to atone for it. "Sally," he prompted, "is the reason that you want to become a mage is to avenge your father?"

She nodded. "I want to get rid of Barron, and make everything peaceful again, just like it was with his father. I think that somebody like you should inherit the throne, somebody who would strive for peace, and not for war."

Egron paused. He wanted to tell her that one person, especially a little girl, couldn't bring about change on her own. He wanted to tell her that killing Barron would not bring back her father, but that it would just put her life in danger. He wanted to tell her that she should just let the king, and the other men in power repel Eginbear. But he couldn't. He knew what honor was; he swore to Barron's father that he would stop Barron at any cost if he tried to bring his ambition of world domination to fruition. By the same token, Sally wanted to help. She wanted to hunt down this madman that ripped every bit of normalcy from her life. He took her father, her home, and now, having nothing left, she wanted to help. Despite every logical bone in his body saying that he should not be a party to helping the girl get involved in war, he just couldn't.

"Sally, if you want to become a mage, and you promise to use the magic that you will learn only for humanity's benefit, and to for personal gain or to gain power for yourself, then I will ask on your behalf to perform this task."

Sally nodded. She returned Egron's look, straight in the eyes, and in an adult way that almost made her seem twenty years older, she replied a simple "Thank you, Ernie."

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:31 pm

Remember you never have to apologize here :wink:.

Life is starting to return to normal as you can now tell for having the time to read (and hopefully soon write).

Good chapter :).

The High Priest of Dhama can alter one's natural physical and mental abilities, and allow you to become a fighter, a mage, a merchant, or whatever else you would like to be."

I miss playing action RPGs online :cry: :roll: :).

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:46 am

I'm a bit sad that there wasn't enough general interest in the RPG that you started on the forum... :(

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby ohboy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:46 pm

Okay. I think I'm getting the interest to continue this story, so I'm going to try and post a refresher post with a plot up to this point, and a brief list of characters to get myself up to date.

I can't believe I started this 11 months ago... [schock]

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Summary

Postby ohboy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:33 pm

Alright, here's the summary of chapters 1-10. I'll edit in more later.
===========================================================
After King Barron IX dies, Barron X ascends to the throne, and wants to use Eginbear to invade the world. While he is thinking of this, he gets told that he needs to attend a meeting. He learns from his scholars that the past king of Eginbear, Egor Baramos, invaded the world. However, upon his death, his empire broke up, and Eginbear was forced into exile upon its small land area.

Nelson, Cyrus, and Jane are sent to find a theif's hideout. They learn that it is on the Tower of Najima, where they go through the Cave on the Promontary to get there.

Egron remembers a conversation he had with the late king about ousting his son in the event of Barron trying to invade the world. Barron promised him, and he said he would try to arrange a wife for the king posthaste. Egron and the king get in a disagreement about the war, and Barron asserts that he wants Eginbear to return to is rightful position in the world, and that when the Archfiend was alive, he was protecting Eginbear.

Nelson and company enter the tower, and reach the leader. He is in possession of the yellow orb.

Sergei tells Barron that Baramos originally created the orbs, and used them to gain supernatural powers. Barron realizes that if he wants to revive the Archfiend, and use his powers to invade the world, he needs to take the orbs. Him and Egron get in a fight, causing Egron to be thrown in a dungeon, and troops to be sent to the Orb Shrine to find out the location of the orbs. Egron gets rescued from his cell by Mayer's daughter Sally, although they have to fight a guard on their way out.
Nelson and company decide to take the yellow orb back to the King, since it was used to revive the Phoenix Ramia and could now be used for evil.
Egron takes Barron hostage in the hallway.
The king agrees to build a room that the orb could be protected in, and orders that Nelson hold onto it until then.

========================================================
King Barron X: The new leader of Eginbear that wants to invade the world.

Duke Ernie Egron: The Duke of Eginbear that opposes Barron.

Nelson Platoon: A general in Aliahan's army. He traveled with Erdrick, and now does small tasks for the king. He is very proud in his fighting, and often causes others to worry for him.

Cyrus Manx: A mage that traveled with Erdrick, and the husband of Jane. He now does small tasks for the king. He is the diplomatic and wise one that often has to cleverly play peacemaker.

Jane Manx: An exceptional healer that traveled with Erdrick, and the wife of Cyrus. She now does small tasks for the king. She tends to worry a bit, but is very kind and dedicated to her friends.

Johann Sergei: The scholar at Eginbear. Very mild-mannered, but one of the most intelligent men on Earth.

General Titus: The ambitious general of Eginbear.

Johnathan Mayer: The treasurer of Eginbear.

Joseph Hunter: The head of foreign intelligence to Eginbear.

Sally Mayer: The daughter of Johnathan, who helps Egron escape the dungeon per her father's orders.
Last edited by ohboy on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:37 pm

Hee one day I think this story should have it's own site and I'll do the coding if you like :P. Um can't really sit down & read your stuff like I used to but I'm sure I can get it printed out so I can read it offline. Of course my reply to reading it will still be online :wink:.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Story is Back on Track!

Postby ohboy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Okay, I finished reading everything, so I should have a new chapter up pretty soon (within a few days at the most). I do look forward to hearing your input, as usual Erin. :)

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Fiction Writers United