3D Defense Directorate

This is where you can talk about the shows.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

3D Defense Directorate

Postby systemcat » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:53 pm

A 3D version of the Flight Hanger has been made tonight and the link has been posted to the main page under "3D". I'm hoping to make an extra room to the 3D Defense Directorate soon. So far you can only wander around the one room. If you've read the series and would like to see an area of the Defense Directorate made into a 3D version please tell me. When you navigate around the Flight Hanger, the way to enter other rooms will be through the Holographic Training Sim doors.

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ladyfreebird » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:52 am

I checked it out, great job Erin.

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Re: 3D Defense Directorate

Postby systemcat » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:28 am

Think I should post this email to you guys since it effects the site and there's nothing I can do about it. ..It's cool :D but it will mean this area of the site will be under construction for a while so don't expect any thing amazing looking for some time :? .

Hi Gogofroggers,

A new Gogofrog is about to be launched. This will affect your site as all existing Gogofrog sites will be converted over to the new look Gogofrog.

The new Gogofrog has heaps of new functions and features that will allow you to create a truly unique and inspiring 3D space.

Some of the new features include:

Being able to upload and display video files;
Communications features that allow you to video chat with other people in your pad (site); Optional password security for your pad so that only you, your friends, students or colleagues can get in; and Being able to build and see others personal profiles and start networking and linking directly with them.
We have also opened Gogofrog up to allow everyone to upload objects and avatars and potentially make real world dollars selling them to other site owners. So if you are handy with 3D modelling our communities are looking for static and animated objects to put in their sites, everything from practical furniture to animated and interactive monsters. Send us a quick email if you are a modeller and we will send you some further information.

Because we are now going to full 3D it means all the existing objects you have in your site will be going. What we will be doing is replacing them with a placeholder so you know where they were and can go in to the new library and start replacing them with full 3D objects.

Let the serious fun commence.

Regards,

The Gogofrog Team

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:54 am

I don't quite understand everything that was being said in that letter, but as long as this place isn't affected to a great extent, then I really don't have to understand the letter. :?

Hope the 3-D Directorate gets fixed whatever problem that needs fixing. :)
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:04 am

It just happened and the thing is I thought they had already made the changes. ...Explains why when I checked after that first letter nothing looked different :? .

Hi Gogofroggers,

After months of planning and testing, the new Gogofrog platform is here. Your Gogofrog site was automatically converted over to the new platform. Whilst your current URL, username and password will remain the same, when you login to your site it will be in full 3D with a whole new look and an unbelievable array of new features.

Jump in, look around, check out all the great things you can now do to your new pad (site).

You may notice that your pad is not exactly as it was when you last left it. In order to get the 'NEW' we have had to leave some of the 'old' behind. The old objects for example are no longer with us. Blog walls too are getting a revamp so for the moment they are no longer with us. But before you despair, we have libraries full of amazing and fun 3D Objects and these will only continue to expand as you can now upload, use and even sell your own 3D objects. There are also new skies, a whole photographic library and an array of avatar and avatar clothing to keep you looking good.

This is a Beta launch so if you come across any kinks or bugs let us know and we will work to remove them.

There are so many new features from webcam chats, to selling your images and objects, dressing your avatar to building your Gogofrog friend network. We are really excited and as always, love seeing what you have built in Gogofrog. Mail us at ds@gogofrog.com

As a special thank you for your support, we have developed a whole lot of free Christmas objects, images and skies. Just look under 'Specials' in the libraries.

Let the serious fun commence.

Regards

Gogofrog Team

Now unless people want that extra stuff not related to the 3D site, I'm not going to add it. But I am going to try to make it look better if I can.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby systemcat » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:04 pm

I've taken off the link to the 3D area.

Months ago I emailed support and they never answered back about the bugs within the "programming software" the site uses. Plus going into it's control panel it looks like they've fixed nothing, in fact it looks worse off for working with it.

Before creating that area I tried to make it many other ways and proudly even talked about gogofrog.com in Al's when it was still good software.

If any one has come across internet freeware for creating free 3D websites please mention it here so I can replace the old gogofrog version. Beleive me I even tried to make a Bryce cartoon that would tour you around the Defense Directorate but due to an unfixable issue with the virtual camera, that's why that failed.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby systemcat » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:28 pm

Thanks to a site named 3dxplorer.com, the 3D area will be returning. ...It just can't until I find out why the browser won't load the editor :oops:.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Episodes and Site News