Starfest '09

Talk about other science fiction and fantasy.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Re: Starfest '09

Postby systemcat » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:51 pm

ohboy wrote:I haven't watched the videos yet, but I did see all the pictures. How much film did you end up going through at the end of all this? :)

None of it was film, it was a memory card in the camera and I'd say out of 2GB of it. 85 or 90 percent of it was used between the pictures and the video. Um there's one piece no wait two clips I'd like to explain on the videos. The guy calling himself the ninja bum, with him and his buddies, we had talked the day before and that's why I taped him. But I felt it needed explaining so that's why he's in front of the camera later talking about his act. Then at another point the camera is just shooting people moving by. The camera was having some weird issue with recording and I was trying to find out if some thing was REALLY wrong with it.

Hawkfan wrote:Hi Erin, I haven't had time to watch the videos yet, but I enjoyed reading your reports and looking at the pictures. Thanks for those! You've sure been a busy bee. It looks and sounds like you had big fun there.

Mariet

Welcome :), I hope you enjoy the more pictures yet to come. There is more to the report that hasn't been written about. Sunday being a good example even through not much happened. I'm still being a busy bee, my apartment looks like hell and the move is only a few days away.

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby systemcat » Fri May 01, 2009 7:39 pm

I'm back :D!

Not going to add much to the report right now but reporting on a new addition to the site due to the report.

On the main site there is now a page named "Interviews". On it is every interview ever held for this forum in links and the audio versions of my interview with Katt.

Hope you guys enjoy :). More of the report will come later 8).

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby systemcat » Sun May 10, 2009 7:12 am

Don't know how many of you read the notes in the Star-Port. I moved again and now I'm with Graylady. Hoping to get back on my feet as soon as I can. Sorry OB, I wish I could spell check your latest but I no longer have access to my spell checker. I did 99% of my work the desktop computer and that was left in Maryland. Only the labtop went with me but the transfurring of information from computer to computer right now is some thing no one is too sure how to do.

I have no idea what to do about the pictures taken at the convention. No more photo editor and the camera's software isn't on this machine.

Not sure what to say the the report right now except the handing out of those filers Saturday morning didn't go as planned. The "tin-dog" refused to move around the floor carrying them for people to grab. Sunday at least the weather got nice ...very wet, but nice. Never walk around outside wearing only slippers on your feet when it's like that. Fell down once on route to Comicfest while in the slippers, nothing bad happened except a wet butt. ...The rat tail oddly still didn't look bad after the fall.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Sun May 10, 2009 11:57 am

Quite alright. I'm glad to see that everything went well. That's alright. Of course, there is a bit of a problem now, but I'm sure it will be resolved soon.

Anyways, glad to see you back.
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Re: Starfest '09

Postby ramoth » Sun May 10, 2009 3:54 pm

Erin glad to hear you made it to Nebraska! I noticed graylady mention on the starport that you were losing cell service so I figured that's why I didn't hear from you again but I was also worried and now I'm relieved to know you are all right! :)
Jimma
ramoth

Postby systemcat » Mon May 11, 2009 8:02 am

Thanks guys :D.

Now back to the report a little.

...Remember I no longer have access to a spell checker.

As I said the weather was a lot better the next day and the first thing that happened was trying to sell my comic book collection :(. Almost two decades of collecting got sold for gathering the money needed for UPS for shipping :cry:.

Most of the day was running around filming for that set of YouTube videos. If there's one thing truly the same about the '08 and '09 Starfest it's that every thing slows down on Sunday. What was taking place with my collection took place from I think just after 8 am to some where after 2 pm. Katt gave me a firendly wave as we passed each other in the hotel. If any one has questions over the interview go ahead, I'm still wondering where the video went along with the photo that was taken.

At the end of the day I found out that one of my art projects sold, which this being a robot bug. I know there are pictures of that already in Photobucket so I'll post that into this part of the report along with one other piece. Some art work I knew could not be shipped so I tried to sell it really cheaply or get rid of it. One piece that I gave for free, the lady paid me for :).

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Mon May 11, 2009 9:32 am

Wow. Quite creative artwork, Erin. [ok]
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Previous

Return to Other Science Fiction and Fantasy